Friday, November 25, 2011

Pregnant and my children are teenagers?

I just recently found out that I'm pregnant. My children are 14 and 16, are there any women who had another child after so many years and if so, was it hard starting over?? How was the experience???





I'm thinking since my daughters are older, I have more time to spend with the little one but someone told me the older I am the more tiring it is for you.Pregnant and my children are teenagers?
It will be fine. My sister had a 16,12, and 10 year old. Then she had my youngest niece who is know 1. The baby kind of brought everyone closer together. My nieced where even there when the baby was born (in the waiting room). My sister is in her late 30's but she still is keeping up with a toddler.





Good Luck you will be fine =)Pregnant and my children are teenagers?
u also have two older children that can help u with things, more grown up things. if u cant cook cause ur tired they can, and so on and so on. i think u wouldnt have to worry about bein as stressed out with older childrean around. and ur definitely goin to save on daycare and babysitters cause they can do it, but not all the time! they still need to continue to live their lives!
I had my last when my older ones were 14, 12 and 11. Because I had the first three the first three years I was married I was tired all the time. My body didn't have enough time to recuperate. Then having two in diapers and taking a bottle all the time was hectic when I felt tired all the time. The last one was a piece of cake. I had experience, more time to spend with her, and all kinds of help from her siblings. I had more patience also. She was a gift from God. They all were, but I had more time to enjoy her.
Well, from my experience.... My mom had my brother when I was 13 (I was the baby). She was 34 and my dad was 37. He is such a spoiled brat. He is now 8 and my sister and I are extremely jealous of him. Since you are older, and wiser, it is easier to care for a new baby. Finacially as well as physically. But, expect to be asked if your the g-ma. Because it will be asked. Don't take offense to it! Just laugh it off, and say, no, not g-ma, just an oops baby. Or something along those lines. Very Good luck to you!!! And expect your older children to be jealous!
I was the oldest (17) when my mom had her last child. It was a bit weird at the time, but now (12 years later ) it is great.





I remember babysitting my little sister (3 mos.) for the first time; she wouldn't take a bottle (she was nursed) %26amp; I though she was going to die of starvation! So I tried to feed her that bottle for 2 1/2 hours. She eventually took it.





It was tiring for my mom, but you will have a lot of help from the big sisters. Just don't ask them to help to much. They will come around. I remember that I was extremly jelous!!
nope I had my tubes tied after one kid - the world is plenty overpopulated as it is so I didnt want to be part of the problem further





you didnt say your age... the best time to have kids is in your late 20's, early 30's


if you are older then there is increased risk of downs syndrome or autistic baby





problem is - will the older kids resent the younger one?? suddenly they will be less important to you as you focus on the baby
My friend raised her daughter by herself, who is now 21, then she remarried and now has a five year old son and 12 year old daughter, my friend is 49 and works a full time job and is fine and has a lot of energy, she gets her energy from her kids. Good luck with the new one.
Here's a link to pregnancyweekly for women over 40
You'll be fine, you know what you are doing having had kids before, so no trying to figure things out, that will save you a lot of time. Sleep when the baby sleeps and you should be fine, congratulations!!!!
You'll be fine.
my son and daughter are 10 years apart. its nice cause they keep you young but yes, you will be tired. it will work out and congrats. enjoy
i am sixteen years old and my mom has a baby when i was 14, i helped out a lot so my mom could sleep every so often when she was beat, and my mom told me to say that it wasnt much of a change being older and pregnant.
How old are you? And my aunt had her little girl 18 or 19 years after her first child she said that she was scared she would have forgotten everything but when it came down to it it came back to her. She is always running and playing with her little girl so in my opinion it will be tired some just like your first ones but not more.
I know your asking for answers from women. But my mother god rest her sole had my sister when I was 15. It was strange at first but now it's rather cool we still get along great.


And now she talks to me about how much she admires me.


And thanks me for being such a good big brother.
My mom had my sister about the same age as you are, and I was 14. I think she was more tired, but I admired the stamina my mom had. I think it helped that I was up nights with the baby as well, and was eager to help her in any way. I spent a couple of years having a major hand in helping my mom. Sadly, my sister had an accident and required brain surgery, which left her mentally handicapped, but my mom still has done an amazing job with her.


She also had my brother ( I was 8 when he was born), who is now 18 years old and is my little sisters hero.


Your kids are older, and it makes a world of difference when they are older. They really don't require as much of your attention, and I'm sure there will be times when you will sit there and say, 'I don't remember it being this hard' lol, but hopefully you will get a little more help than what you did with your other two.


I might also mention that up until my sister was born, my mom was a single parent, so if you aren't, then hopefully your spouse is the helpfull type as well.


The biggest bonus is that, there are tons of new things (accessories) that you can get that make things easier, and you have plenty of experience in raising kids. You are older, wiser and more mature. While its true that every child is different, that certainly doesn't take away from what you already know.


Best wishes to you and your family!
It has been 8 years sense I have had my last one be almost 9 by the time he is born and I have herd the same hun. Yet, My mothers baby is 17 be 18 in Jan. and here she is raising 4 other kids from the age of 8 down to 2 weeks. She has had the BABY sense the day she was born she said YES she gets more tired easy yet it is ALL worth it because they are my sisters kids and someone has to do it! CONGRATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment