Friday, November 25, 2011

Teenagers, do third world issues concern you?Do you care what is happening in the third world? ?

If yes----what issues concern you and why?





If no-----why do these issues not concern you?Teenagers, do third world issues concern you?Do you care what is happening in the third world? ?
yes. all political and economical issues concern me. why? i'm an economics major. its helped me realize that everything really does effect everything else. despite what ';the usual $uspect'; said.





if one country is in need of help, all countries are in need of help. Teenagers, do third world issues concern you?Do you care what is happening in the third world? ?
I feel it depends on the lifestyle of the teenager and the outlook on life they have.





For example, if a teenager is going through a difficult part fo their life (e.g. loss of family member, parents getting divorced) they probably would be less concerned than a teen whose main concerns are only things like a few simple exams. On the other hand though, these teenagers who are struggling with life could see how having family problems is bad and therefore realising that those in famine must be in a worse position.





For those teens whose lives are going pretty much O.K, they would either be more aware of these problems as there would be few things of major distraction on their minds, or, (and this is a HUGE assumption) would not like to have to worry about third world countries as it may bring them down emotionally (again I'd like to remind everyone this is JUST AN ASSUMPTION)





I am not trying prove any teenage stereotype as I myself am a teenager and know what being stereotyped is like (i like musicals so I'm immediately assumed as gay).





Hope I havn't waffled on too much and hope i can be of help (:



Yes i do care. I used to be into volunteer work but I haven't had time for it lately. I was thinking about starting a charity where people donate bottled water and Rice or cherrios or something for the starving people.It makes me sick that kids here have the arteries of 45 year olds and kids over in Africa and Asia are starving to death.


I'm also concerned with the homeless and especially the war veterans who are homeless and I wish someone would help them
A lot of Americans both young and old have a selfish view of life. If it's not happening to them they can care less. I'll be honest and say I am the same way. When I see a sad video I want to do something and I do. The burning inside of me does something for about a month. I donate money and learn more about the issues. But then I stop caring.





That's just the way the world is. It's sad to say but it's true. It's survival. You care about your own life and family first before you worry about strangers.
Yes it does concern me. Every little thing that happens affects the whole world. It breaks my heart that infants and young children are considered lucky to sleep with plastic tarp for a blanket. it makes me appreciate what I have so much more. I honestly don't do alot, but at christmas we do the operation christmas child where you give them hygene supplies and a few toys and other things like that. And we also sponsor a child. It makes me feel guilty when I catch myself complaining about stupid problems that those people would give anything to have. And it's more than not having any food, it's the whole aids epidemic. I read that especially men, when they find out they have AIDS they think that they can get rid of it by giving it to someone else, so they'll actually rape young children in order to get rid of it. So it spreads because people are uneducated about it and don't have any health care to help them. It's terrible :(
Kind of, I mean you would have to have a heart of stone not to feel for the people starving %26amp; dying but it's not a reality for us.


There is nothing that us as individuals can do apart from giving money to charities which, for all we know could not even be genuine.


Yes, I do care, but not enough to get totally stuck in to the matter



I honestly don't care, and for that I am ignorant, but it doesn't affect me directly anyway so that's why I have no concern for it.
Sort of. I have a million things in my head that I think about when I'm depressed that make me more depressed. Then I start doing stupid things like self-harming and sicking myself. Like sometimes I'll think, ';there are people starving out there and all your thinking about are your stupid little problem.'; or ';you don't deserve to cry, someone some where is sitting with no food wishing they could live like you and I bet they wouldn't be crying if they were you.';





Wow, I sound so depressive.





Aswer mine please!





http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>
I care and I want people of USA should also care and USA should officially say SORRY for killing 3 million muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan and pakistan. stop the Milliniacaust.
No-- because its not happening to me .. i got more things to worry about, why should i care i cant change nothing im only 1 person..

No comments:

Post a Comment